Replace tips with tools. . . and you will save hundreds of hours per year!
I can’t recall when was the first time i started looking for tools instead of tips but i just received an email newsletter from a host of an event i subscribed to last week.
The email gives tips on being a great leader.
Before i unsubscribe, i wanted to write this post because it’s been really ages that i last received an email with tips instead of tools.
What i mean by tools:
- Automated Tasks (Zaps from Zapier, Recipes or Applets by IFTTT, etc)
- DIY (Do it Yourself) or How-to videos
- other tools
What i also mean by tips (many would disagree here):
- Advice from experts
- Inspirational or motivational quotes
- ebooks (i know you will disagree but unless the book has tools, it’s just ink on paper)
- Webinars that don’t show you how things are done but tell you how successful the person is or shares success stories written or recorded by professional storytellers
- Testimonials that focus on the brand, product, service rather on how it added value to them and how they used it to solve their problems
Ironically, this post might seem as if i’m giving tips not tools, so here are two tools i mentioned above that you could make use of: